1.29.2014

Journey Into Motherhood



I am going to try and squeeze in a blog post with a very active mobile 7 month old baby.  A baby that just a month ago couldn't crawl and could only roll in one direction from back to tummy.  Now she rolls like a tumble weed and does downward dogs with the best of them. Maybe I should open my own baby led yoga studio?!  I already know that Eila would look pretty sweet in some workout gear. 

It's hard to believe that just 7 months and 2 week ago that we welcomed Eila to the world.  That we became parents.  That I became a mother.  Motherhood is a roller coaster. Honestly it wasn't something I was sure I ever wanted to do (even throughout my pregnancy).  I really enjoyed my former life.  The freedom. The flexibility. Did I mention the freedom?  But in the short time that I have been a mother it's been amazing. It's more than I ever thought it would be. It's brought on a plethora of emotions.  Tears. Smiles. Laughter. Disappointment. Fear.  And most of all an indescribable amount of love. 


But it hasn't been easy. It's all kinds of challenging.  Challenging in ways I never expected. And with each and every day it changes.  And gets better.  And then it get harder.  But then it gets more fun.  It's awesome.  It challenges me in ways I never thought possible.  It inspires me.  It makes me want to be and do better.  It's really changed my perspective - on everything.


I want to take some time to document my Journey Into Motherhood - and I really feel like I can't capture it all in one post.  So I am going to try and thoughtfully pull my thoughts together on a few things that have stood out the most and dump it all into a series - because one day when I am crazy enough to embark on this adventure again - I'll be glad I did.  Because really - being mama to this girl is the best thing to happen to me.

5 comments:

  1. I love this, Emily! I don't have much more to say except that I'm so excited to read these posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post! And you so nail it. You give up so much to become a parent and it's like, pish! Who cares! Because you gain so much more and your heart grows and you get to know this amazing person so wholly. Anyways, yay for this post and for amazing mamas like you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. so so sweet, elias is beautiful. I can't wait for my little one to start laughing and crawling and interacting with me (not that i'm rushing anything at all!) but I'm so looking forward to all these milestones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! So glad you are going to post about this. She is darling, you are awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to read more. Love the pics of Eila in the hat. She has the most gorgeous eyes! I wrote a post during the summer in which I tried to capture the beauty and ugliness of mother hood.

    http://notyouraverageferriswheel.blogspot.ca/2013/03/capturing-beauty-of-motherhood-no.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by Hope Squared. If you like the things I have to say - I would love to read what you have to say.